Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1IJCcBak7

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Here It Is...

The finished product!
I finally finished my project from 2 posts ago.
So, without further ado...
Here it is.I needed a project to enter Lindsay's $5 challenge.



The idea is to create a Spring decoration using $5 worth of items from the dollar store.
You are also allowed to use any glue, paint, or fabric you already have on hand.

So, if you remember this post here, I had two dollar store pieces to work on.

I first glued them together (using Gorilla Glue)...

Then I painted it blue, the same blue as my nightstand pieces found here.

I added some brown to it.
Then, thought it needed something else to look a little more "Springy".

So, I used some tulle and a flower (both from the dollar store, also) to give it that extra something.

For a total of $4, I now have some spring decor and a place to put my jewelry at night!

PS: Don't forget, we're going to have a giveaway on post 20!
This is now post 19!

Linking to Women Who Do It All.

12 comments:

  1. This is really cute and ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love the blue! just stunning. I may need to drop that color in my house for summer time :) Awesome transformation!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out great, I love the colors! Thanks for joining the party!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! How fun is that! Love your blog! Off too look at more of your posts!
    Aleesha
    Oh- I found you on Living with Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower really made the piece... it's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, me likey. LOVE the color. Very creative and useful too. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project! You are a clever and crafty girl. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shapes of the glass and color you chose, really makes it look vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a powerful impact the blue paint has on the glassware! A.mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this one - I have a real obsession with painting glass - some of the disasters I have recently posted on my blog, LOL.... that particular blue is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute blog. You have some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!