Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1IJCcBak7

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Nightstand!

So, I have these two pieces of furniture...
The top one I used as a nightstand in my bedroom.
The bottom one was in my living room just taking up space.

The other day, I decided it would be better if they worked together.
Therefore, we have this...

Then, I went out and bought two of these storage containers from JoAnn's.
I decoupaged them by doing the following.

Painted 2 coats of FolkArt Acrylic paint on the inside and outside.
I love this blue. It's called Cayman Blue.

Measured out the size of paper for each side, leaving 1/2 inch around each border (so the blue can stick out past the paper).
Cut out the paper to the measurements made (I used 8 pieces of 25 cent scrapbook paper).

Painted a layer of Mod Podge-Matte on the inside and top.
Painted a layer of Mod Podge-Matte on the outside and put the paper on each side.
Then, when that dried, I painted another layer of Mod Podge on the outside.
And now we have this...
*Note: I didn't cut out the handle holes, but you can do that using an exacto knife.

Yesterday, I found this piece.

I decoupaged it the same way as the storage bins.
I'm still on the lookout for a drawer (or something that can be made into a drawer) for the inside.

Here is my finished nightstand (minus the drawer).
Hope you like it!

Linking to:

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to repurpose some old pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute jenn! I love the painted/decopauge storage bins. And you always have the cutest fabric & paper.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!