Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1IJCcBak7

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My mom and Magnets...

My mom came in to town this weekend!!

That means I had a clean house, food, and a craft partner for a few days.

While here, she needed to find a small, simple, and cute gift to give to her church class on Mother's Day.

So, we made 80 round glass magnets.

You're going to want to make some of these...
they're SO simple and SO adorable.

Here's a picture of the ones we made.

To make some of these, you'll need:
Clear, round glass gems (with flat backs)
Scrapbook paper
Magnets
Mod Podge
and
Some glue (Gorilla glue, E6000 glue, or a glue gun)
Note: Using a glue gun is the fastest and easiest way, but it is not the greatest at sticking).

First Step:
Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit the flat side of your glass gem.

Second Step:
Decoupage the paper to the gem. Let dry.
Should look like this...


Third Step:
Glue your magnet to the flat side of the gem.
Like this...


And that's it!
Now you have some cute magnets that took a mere 10 minutes to make!

So...
I made an extra set of these.
If you don't want to make them, leave me a comment.
At the end of the week, I'll choose one commenter to keep my extra set of magnets!!
Check back at the end of the week to see if you're the lucky one.

10 comments:

  1. Those are very cute! Did you just get the gems and magnets at Walmart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this craft! One thanksgiving we made Christmas-y type magnets as a family craft :)
    Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute paper choices! These turned out really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea!! =) and love the paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! those are so pretty... i hope i am the lucky one!

    xoxo,
    your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn, I had so much fun with you guys. Thanks for the quality time we spent with each other...enjoyed the craft time, tea time, princess time, singing time, eating time, watching Mark make a goal time, and video taping Kaylee time! =) We must do it again soon!!!! Luv you guys! Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from creative Girl Link. You were the name above mine. I am glad I stopped by I love the magnets! Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so fun! I think I might have to try it, but what is Mod Podge?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse's Follow Me Friday. I am your newest follower. I want to make these. I am thinking Christmas gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty, love them. I love the colors you chose. I'm a new follower, hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete